We can consider 5 procedures in point program:
1. Specify exactly the behavior that can earn a point. Example completing 15 minutes of your homework, going to bed by 8pm, packing your toys.
2. Chose medium that will serve as point. For example a star, smilies, checkmarks. This will serve as money.
3. Have a way to monitor and keep track of the progress of it. Use a chart to track the points, paste it on refrigerators or some other place that can be seen. You can also use apps such as Kiddy or points.
4. Specify how many points each behavior earns. For example if you put your toys away you get a star, if you go to bed before 8 pm you get another star.
5. Develop a reward menu that specifies what the rewards can buy and their prices. The rewards can include having access to a toy, computer game, cartoons, kids tablets or installing a game for kids. Food and snacks can be included but it can be avoided because it increases overweight and obesity. The kids can save their points to buy expensive items. Give tokens for small bit of a behavior.
Let the kids participate in the program in selecting rewards and medium
If the kid gets a star record it and if he does not let him know and encourage him to get stars.
Join Parenting group on Telegram to receive more tips:
Amazon Fire HD 8 Plus Kids Tablet 64GB HDD – 8″ Call +233540644572, Works offline, Lessons from Nursery to JHS 3
Amazon Fire HD 8 Plus Kids Tablet 32GB HDD – 8″ Call +233540644572, Works offline, Lessons from Nursery to JHS 3
Amazon Fire 7” Kids Tablet 16GB HDD + 32 SD Card, Call +233540644572, Works offline, Lessons from Nursery to JHS 3