Shaping can be used in 2 ways:
1. Shaping in getting more time to do work, start with few minutes and build on. For example spending more time reading books or doing homework.
2. Shaping in getting less time to do work like less time to get ready to sleep, less time getting ready to go to church or school. Start with more time and cut it back through shaping
5 key ingredients for shaping
1. Clearly specify the behavior you want. This is your final goal.
2. Specify small step with an initial portion of the behavior
3. Choose the consequences or rewards or reinforcer you will use. It can be praise or points.
4. Now praise or reward the instances of the small occurrence. This should be immediate.
5. When the behavior occurs consistently for some period of time, increase the demand slightly, a little bit.
Join Parenting group on Telegram to receive more tips: